Physician Practice Sustainability
Project in Progress
- A non-profit organization providing primary care and hospice services to patients in their homes.
- 16 primary care providers
- Hospic daily average census: 75
This primary care and hospice practice provides a unique service in only seeing patients in their homes, serving a vulnerable population, unable to easily get to a medical office for care. With this high cost model, the organization was faced with financial sustainability challenges.
The Eleva Approach
- Completed assessment to understand business model, financial drivers and operational challenges.
- Identified top areas for improvement including: patient intake processes, patient scheduling, care model redesign, triage functions and revenue cycle. Formed and led workgroups to design, pilot and implement new solutions.
- Developed and led 18 month improvement project implementation plan.
- Implemented Lean daily management system across the organization.
- Implemented monthly performance reporting dashboards for revenue cycle, primary care provider performance, quality and executive performance summary.
- Completed payor contract analysis, developed a standard payor contracting model and supported contract modeling and negotiations with payors for increased contract rates.
- Developed and implemented a primary care coding training and improvement plan.
- Developed and implemented service line revenue forecasting model.
The Results to Date
- 10% increase in primary care census without adding FTE.
- Reduced primary care patient waitlist by 62% and reduced days from referral to enrolling the patient for service by 65%.